(Youth version) Mental Health First Aid Class
Sometimes first aid isn't a bandage, or CPR, or the Heimlich or calling 911. Sometimes first aid is YOU!
Time & Location
ཟླ་༡ཚེས་14 9:30 སྔ་དྲོ་ – 2:30 ཕྱི་དྲོ་ GMT-7
About the event
WHY YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID?
Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among children and adolescents ages 6-18.
WHAT MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID COVERS
- Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges in this age group, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
- How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis.
- How to connect the youth with help.
- Expanded content on trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media and bullying.
Youth Mental Health First Aid is designed to teach parents, family members, caregivers, teachers, school staff, peers, neighbors, health and human services workers, and other caring citizens how to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or is in crisis. Youth Mental Health First Aid is primarily designed for adults who regularly interact with young people. The course introduces common mental health challenges for youth, reviews typical adolescent development, and teaches a 5-step action plan for how to help young people in both crisis and non-crisis situations. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, substance use, disorders in which psychosis may occur, disruptive behavior disorders (including AD/HD), and eating disorders.
Price is $147 per participant. (Value of this program is $175)
The course will include an electronic resource workbook and an official MHFA certification that is good for 3 years.
2-hours self-paced pre-work prior to 5 hours virtual class with certification in Mental Health First Aid at the end.
This class is for 18 years and older. Adults assisting youth. Sorry no youth allowed per regulations from MHFA Organization.
- This class is via Zoom.
- You are REQUIRED to finish 2 hours of self-paced content at the very minimum of 24 hours PRIOR to the virtual class.
- You have 9 modules to complete prior to the Zoom portion.
- If you do NOT finish the 2 hours self-paced prior, you will NOT be able to attend the class and will be rescheduled for a later class.
- You will receive a link to the 2-hour self-paced curriculum once you sign up and we input you into the MHFA system, if registered early you will have more time to complete, if you do not receive the email, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Register early.
- The educator will get notification once you complete the 2-hour self-paced course.
- You must attend the FULL 5-hours virtual class to get your certification.
- Certifications are good for 3 years.
- You will also get a link with confirmation of payment here.
ALL TICKET SALES WILL BE CUT OFF 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE INSTRUCTOR LEAD PORTION OF THE CLASS DUE TO PRE-WORK REQUIREMENTS.
Day of Class:
- Zoom info is listed under the tab #10 that is listed Instructor Led Session
- Bring water bottle, it is important to stay hydrated
- Bring pen and paper
- This is a full 5-hours virtual class with breaks/lunch built in
- You must download Zoom prior to class time
- Please log on 5-15 mins early to make sure your technology works properly for the virtual class time
- Be ready to learn and have an open mind
If $147 is too much, but you're dedicated to come to the class, ask about our discounted sponsorship program.
Have a company or large group of participants and need a corporate discount?? Follow the below steps.
**Send an email with your name and the date of the class you signed up for to: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us you're interested in the sponsorship and/or discount program and a brief reason why you're needing assistance paying for the class.
***Discounted sponsorships are first come, first serve. We try our best to accommodate as many people as possible to get sponsorships, however we can't do it without the generosity of public donations. DONATE today or send your friends to DONATE